Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 23 November 2009

A few thoughts on Friday 20th November's episodes

A few thoughts before we start on this week's Corrie - I am always late. I'll be late to my own funeral, me. I have some scrawled notes so in no particular order:

- I liked Michelle crying saying that she'd have to look after the family, because it's true. I really felt for her. She's lost both brothers as well as a husband, and no one seems to care about the poor woman.
- Sean does not look good in orange. It shows up his tan too much.
- I am sick to death of Samia Smith's baby bump issues so I'm really glad she's just told Ma and Pa Connor that she'll go to Ireland with them.
- I felt really sorry for Ryan Connor. He's a good actor, that kid.
- I loveloveloved Becky's peace sign earrings. So her.
- I am sick to death of the loan shark issues and am wondering what the point of Joe is. I'll be glad when that nasty little Neelan fecks off, too. I think he looks like Tony Kebbell who was in Control, though, and I can't quite decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing.
- I wish Gail wouldn't do that quietspeak thing she does in an 'intimate' setting. That's been bugging me for literally years and I'm sure you all know exactly what I mean.
- The line of the night has to go to David, who, speaking about Joe, said "and for you he's the scrapings of a pretty ropey barrel". Tell it like it is, David!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make a good point about Michelle, but sometimes she seems completely unfazed by it all. Like after Liam died she seemed to move on quickly, although I guess everyone reacts in different ways...I think Corrie are covering Samia's baby bump pretty well actually. We have only seen it a couple of times, and besides her cushion's are pretty!

Walzing Matilda said...

Agree totally about the loan shark issues, being dragged out and getting very boring and I dont really care about Joe the Jonah. Cant agree about Ryan being a good actor, what that a joke? He is as expressionless as Carla, at least she has Botox for an excuse!!!

Unknown said...

The boy who plays Ryan is a TERRIBLE actor.

Michelle: "Tony killed Liam"
Ryan: "noooooooo. ooo..."

*CRINGE*

Anonymous said...

I'm with the get-rid-of Ryan Connor camp...although sometimes I think writers (being adults) don't get quite into the mind of kids so can't write well for kid/teen characters... that's been that way in TV and movies.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!