Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 6 January 2011

Sir Anthony Hopkins loves Coronation Street


Don't know if anyone else saw this one, but I happened to be looking through a pile of old magazines at work last night and I found a Corrie 50th Special freebie, from the People (I'm sorry - it went a-missing, so I can't tell you the exact date, but I'm guessing December obviously), in which various celebs were swearing their undying devotion to Corrie.
Most were the usual "used to watch it eating my tea in a hip-bath while my grandad mended his bike" and so forth, but I was amused by Sir Anthony Hopkins' contribution, which was, "Life wouldn't be worth living without Coronation Street." Nothing like a bit of hyperbole.
Wouldn't it be great if he appeared on the cobbles for a while? Perhaps he could help out at Roy's, cooking up some new recipes.
F-f-f-f.
My own blog is here

3 comments:

Cobblestone said...

Sir Anthony's devotion is a long-standing matter of public record. When his Hollywood career first took off, he used to have it videod and sent out to him each week. Bless!

Sea Penguin said...

Really? wonder what he makes of the Tracy Barlow storyline!

Cobblestone said...

Well, this is the guy who gave us Hannible Lecter ... I think perhaps Kate Ford took him as a model ;)

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!