Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 3 January 2011

Anyone else miss Crusher Ferguson?


The recent speculation about Tracy Barlow getting a job at the Rover's (dear oh dear oh dear) made me think back with nostalgia to the halcyon days when Duggie "Crusher" Ferguson (played by John Bowe) manned the pumps and heaved crates of mixers about in the cellar. Now there was a proper Rover's incumbent. A high calibre actor, with lots of presence, who brought gravitas to the Rover's - his unforgettable appearance as Dolly Parton notwithstanding.
Sadly Crusher was well and truly bumped off by Richard Hillman, and can never return to the cobbles except to haunt someone. Plotline, anybody?! If only he could come back!
My own blog is here

5 comments:

Glenda Young said...

I liked Duggie a lot too. A proper man's man.

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't say that Hillman bumped him off, though he did decline to save his life in order to further his own ends.

Tvor said...

Do you remember when Duggie dated Sunita for awhile? I thought they were a nice couple

Gina said...

I was just saying to a friend that Duggie is my favorite male character and that I wish there was some way he could come back - with Shelly too!

Sea Penguin said...

I'd forgotten about Duggie and Sunita - yes, they were nice together. Ah me. Them were the days.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!