Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 4 September 2019

Sponsor Corrie's Sally in Everest Base Camp Trek


From Sally Dynevor, who plays Coronation Street's Sally Metcalfe.
My story
On the 9th November 2019 I’ll be embarking on the Everest Base Camp Trek in aid of my charity, Prevent Breast Cancer. The timing of this trip is particularly significant as it marks the 10 year anniversary of my breast cancer diagnosis back in November 2009. My on screen character Sally Webster was struggling with a breast cancer diagnosis, which gave me the motivation to see my doctor. I was then diagnosed by the Consultant Breast Surgeon Lester Barr who is the founder of Prevent Breast Cancer.
Taking part in an 18 day trek wasn’t a decision I took lightly. However, it is for a cause that is particularly close to my heart and I aim to raise as much as I can for Prevent Breast Cancer. I’ll be self-funding my trip to ensure that every penny that I fundraise will go straight towards the vital research carried out by our scientists and researchers.
1 in 9 women and 1 in 1000 men in the UK will develop the disease in their lifetime.Every year, in the UK, 55,000 individuals are diagnosed – 150 people a day. And every year, we lose 11,400 to this disease. That is 11,400 too many. In fact, it is 55,000 too many.
This is why I have chosen to support Prevent Breast Cancer. We are only UK charity entirely dedicated to the prediction and prevention of breast cancer, we’re committed to freeing the world from the disease altogether. Unlike many cancer charities, we’re focused on preventing, rather than curing. Promoting early diagnosis, screening and lifestyle changes, we believe we can stop the problem before it starts.
Please donate as much as you can towards Prevent Breast Cancer as we #ascenttoprevent and help us get one step closer to ending breast cancer.
__

Glenda Young
Twitter: @Flaming_Nora
Facebook: GlendaYoungAuthor
Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!