Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 10 December 2018

Coronation Street Star(s) of the Week


It’s back! I know you’ve all been wide awake at night wondering what on Earth has happened to Star of the Week... well fret no more!

I wish I had an exciting reason for my absence but sadly it was just due to a mountain of Uni work and a million other things going on.

I’ve also decided to carry this on during a week where I actually can’t choose just one character who has caught my attention, so you lucky things can have several; call it my Christmas present to the Corrie community.

Let’s start with Imran. I’ve got a lot of love for this character and like a moth to a Battersby shaped flame, he has reunited with Toyah.

Surprisingly, I quite like this pairing. It’s unusual, but it works. I’m far more on board with these two shacking up than Toyah and Peter.

This week, Imran has had some sort of epiphany and has supposedly learnt the error of his ways which has received a big thumbs up from Toyah.


Also if nothing else, Imran is fiercely loyal to his sister. He’s always stuck up for Rana during the problems with their parents, and now he’s on the warpath again after finding out about Kate’s rather idiotic plan, and quite rightly.

He gave Kate the ultimatum that if she doesn’t tell Rana soon, he will... we love a supportive sibling! (Though he should probably tell Rana ASAP).

Moving swiftly on... Eileen, Liz, and Sean gave me a right giggle. These three planning a holiday in the pub after several bottles of wine is honestly such a mood, and it’s been a while since we’ve seen them all together properly.

After finding a wadge of cash taped to her pipes, Eileen eventually decided her and her pals were off on holiday for Christmas. A drunken Christmas holiday with this bunch sounds like a gas, I’ll be waiting for my invite in the post.

Sophie Williams

Read some more of my general natterings on Twitter @sophie_jw26

See also: Christmas gifts for Coronation Street fans

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!