Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 28 December 2018

Coronation Street Spoiler: Angie and George leave the Street


The previews are in early from ITV for the episodes of Coronation Street to be shown early January. 

Mary bids a tearful farewell to Angie and George as they leave for South Africa. I can’t say I’ll miss them, can you? What with Mary’s wayward son Jude, I’ll be glad never to see them back again.

I just hope Mary is kept happy once Norris returns to the street.

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
 


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

PoidaPete said...

Oh that’s disappointing, I like Victoria Ekanoye as an actress, and Mary having family.

Scott Willison said...

Angie was never well served by the scripts.

Rebecca said...

Angie was an educated woman. Such a shame that the writers don't know what to do with characters like that!

dhvinyl said...

Agree - the writers could and should have done better with her.

Sharon boothroyd said...

I really liked Angie, and I'm sad to see her go. I thought it would be worth keeping her in as a love interest for Adam Barlow again (I could see these two being turned into the glam, upmarket couple of the cobbles) or for someone else. As you say, Angie's a highly skilled freelancer, so they don't know what to do with her!

Laura said...

I was hoping they would keep her around too. The character had a lot more potential now that the dead weight of Jude is off her back. Too bad.

popcorn said...

Yes, bad writing for Angie. Nonetheless, I am glad to see the back of her, Jude and sprog. Sad for Mary though.

Laura said...

I just hope that we're not left with Jude as a recurring character. The only time I want to see him back is for it to come out that he's only been posing as Mary's son and the secret is exposed so the character can be written out for good.

Anonymous said...

I'm not surprised that Angie is leaving as she seemed to like her mother in law Mary even falsely accusing Mary of abusing George which she never apologized for nor did Angie interact with much of the other characters in the Street with the exception of her boss Adam.
It was as though in her mind everyone was beneath her as she would rarely go to the Rovers.
I also hope Jude leaves too.

Laura said...

She was friends with Toyah

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!