Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 3 November 2012

Interview with Anne Kirkbride on 40 years as Deirdre Barlow


In advance of the documentary 'Deirdre and Me', to be shown on November 13th, there's an interview in today's Mirror with Anne Kirkbride who talks candidly about playing Miss Sexy Specs on Coronation Street for 40 years.
 
It's a good, long interview with some wonderful pictues of Anne at home and as Deirdre on Corrie. She openly admits she finds the long days tedious, and at times, mentally exhausting and ­struggles to cope with life in the public domain

But, she says: "I can’t imagine walking out, thinking this is my last scene ever. I’ve seen plenty of people do it, mind you. But I need to work, I’ve got two mortgages."
 
She says she hates Deirdre's clothes, adores Bill Roache (Ken) and Kate Ford (Tracy) and says she has "no regrets. It’s my job, it’s what I do. I do it really well and people want me.”

Read the full interview here.

Deirdre and Me: 40 Years on Coronation Street will be screened on ITV1 on Tuesday November 13, at 8pm.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Carry On Blogging! said...

I'm looking forward to reading this :) Great photo of her from back in the day!

Frosty the Snowman said...

Anne shunned the limelight for 30 years now is giving interviews everywhere - I wonder why?

Anonymous said...

Oh the goggles... I'd completely blocked those out of my memory! ;) This is yet another actor on the show who says they aren't happy about the schedule but "need to work" so stay on the show. Not the best thing to inform your employers of publicly and not great for viewers to know you're only there because you need to pay your two mortgages. "I do it really well and people want me" sounds like a mantra she's been rehersing from some self-improvement guru.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!