Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Coronation Street fan of the week - Erin in Canada

It's Wednesday and time to meet another Corrie fan of the week. 
Would you like to be our Corrie fan of the week?
Click here to find out more.

Who are you and where are you from?
Erin, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

How long have you been watching Corrie?
Sixteen years

Who are your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Both of my favorite characters are dead! I used to love Fred, I say Fred, and Blanche. As for current, living characters though, I love Steve MacDonald because he is hilarious and I adore his gurns (which is a term that we do not use in Canada and I only picked up from the Coronation Street Blog). I love that Steve is always the loser in love -- and everyone likes to cheer for the under dog! My favorite female character is currently Kylie, because she adds a lot of flair to the Street and she has the ability to rile Gail up, and I love anyone who riles Gail. I doubt Kylie's character will be on the Street long term though.

What's been some of your favourite Corrie storylines over the years?
My sister is as avid a Corrie fan as I am, and I remember she and I watching in suspense and squeeling with tension when Martin admitted to Gail that he was having an affair with nurse Rebecca. That was one of my most memorable scenes. I always enjoy storylines involving Liz and Jim (when they show up on the street), and recently I have been enjoying the twisted antics of crazy Kristy and poor Tyrone.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
I really like when Corrie keeps it real. I would like to see Claire and the boys come back to the Street and for Claire to get together with someone with a little sexiness -- like Jason Grimshaw! I like the less outlandish, every day story lines.

Have you any snippets or news about meeting any of the Corrie cast, or trips to the set, etc., that you'd like to share?
Obviously not, as I live in Canada, but I dream of taking part in the World of Coronation Street tour someday --- #1 priority on my bucket list!

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!