Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 18 November 2012

Cooking With Sean #2 - Lemony Coriandery Chicken

On Friday I reported on the success of the Eccles Cakes from a new cookery book from Sean Wilson, who played Martin Platt on Coronation Street, to accompany his forthcoming TV series on Channel 5.

Today I had a go at his Lemony Coriandery Chicken from the same book and can report that it is indeed both lemony and coriandery. Again, the recipe was very simple and straightforward and the result was a very tasty Sunday dinner in our house, served with pilau rice and naan bread. The recipe calls for a whole chicken to be jointed and cooked but as there are only 2 of us, I just used 2 chicken breasts instead. I was a little concerned about the large amount of fresh coriander in the recipe but it was fine. The resultant meal was fresh, spicey and zingy without being too hot. The only change I'll be making to it next time I make it, and there will be a next time, is that I'll probably add a little more chilli.

Unfortunately I can't show you a picture of it as I forgot to take one and by the time I'd remembered, the whole lot had been polished off. Stay tuned for further recipes from this cracking new cookbook.

Don't forget, if you want to win a copy of Sean's book, we've got a competition running at the moment.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Defrost Indoors said...

That sounds quite good! I love coriander and cilantro.

Anonymous said...

Can't get the book, thought you were putting the recipe for the chicken on -line. Guess can only wish

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!