Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Let's see more of Corrie's Karl Munro

Anybody else want to see more of Karl Munro on Coronation Street?
One of the main reasons I watch Corrie these days is to see if there's any decent male totty, suitable for the more mature woman of course.
Peter Barlow's long been my favourite, swiftly followed by Bill Webster, but coming rapidly up on the inside is Karl (played by the excellent John Michie).

Not only is he fit, I think he's sadly underused at the moment. He was great as roving-eyed cop Robbie in Taggart, and he definitely has the potential to be just as good in Corrie as a louche, womanising cab-driver with an attractively dark edge.

My only quibble is his accent. As I'm Scottish I've no idea how accurate it is, but I do know that there are plenty of Scots living in the North of England and I don't see why he wasn't allowed to use his own.

Never mind. Let's hope he gets a really juicy storyline soon that allows him to use his talent to the full.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Yeah I'm really liking him too!

Rosie said...

Did you see the interview with him in Inside Soap a couple of issues ago? Was a very good read and the actor hinted at Karl liking Carla! Perhaps once Frank is off the scene sparks will fly!

ChiaGwen said...

I'd like Karl better if he wasn't with Stella....good scenes with Lloyd. Warming up to him.

maggie muggins said...

I like Karl too. Let's hope he doesn't get lost in the shuffle of storylines. His acting is pretty good too! I actually hope he stays with Stella for a good while. He seems to balance out her interfering ways.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!