Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 22 September 2010

The Windasses - can you see them running the Rovers?


I can. It's not that far-fetched. I'm probably totally wrong but I feel certain that the Windasses are going to be rehabilitated from kitchen-nickers to salt-of-the-earth types, through the forthcoming Afghanistan storyline. They could then come into money "somehow" and buy Steve out.
Not that I'm in any hurry to get rid of Liz McDonald - I love her and she is beyond fabulous behind that bar. Steve is always great as well, but he wouldn't disappear - he'd still have Streetcars.
But a change has to come sometime and as a viewer I'm really fed up with the present Rovers Becky/Steve set-up.

I think that Anna would look terrific glammed up behind the bar, and she's got the personality for it. Eddie would never manage the cellar what with his bad back, but neither did Jack Duckworth and besides they could keep Ciaran on for the heavy lifting.
Evil uncle Len could make the odd shifty appearance, and Gary Windass would...be Gary Windass. See? I've got it all planned out - but I'm probably completely wrong.

9 comments:

Tvor said...

good god no. If the Duckworths couldn't make a go of it, the Windasses will bring the pub to its knees!

Sea Penguin said...

A-a-w no! you're too harsh! give them a chance!

John M said...

I could see them running the Rovers. They wouldn't be the ideal people though. Anna would be OK but I can see Eddie drinking away the profits... if any.

Danny-K said...

Nah, it takes way more than just being able to work hard - they just don't have the organisational skills. Gary's about the only one who could possibly have the nous to do it, with appropriate training - but he's too young a character, for the moment.

(Although there's fun to be had in watching the disasters unfold under Anna and Eddie's ahem. . . management).

abbyk said...

If it couldn't be clan MacDonald running the Rovers, then of the current characters, I'd love to see Lloyd owning the pub. He's everybody's best friend, a truly decent guy, can chat with anyone, has business & street sense, and is totally underused. He has the right personality to be a great bar tender. The Windasses, no. They're fine in small doses, but since I can't envision Eddie washing his hands, I wouldn't want him serving.

Sea Penguin said...

I'm sure he'd put on a clean bandage though ;)

Anonymous said...

Anything that gives Debbie Rush more screentime is fine by me. I have no idea why, but for some reason I find her unbelieveably sexy.

nana banana said...

Although I would love to see the Windies running the Rovers, it isnt really practical or believable that lazy scrounging Eddie would make a go of it, we could all be surprised though!

I too am sick to the back teeth of the Becky/Steve set up. The gum chewing, the lazyness. They have had their time IMO. Let Steve sell the pub and have more street cars stories.

Sea Penguin said...

Well, I reckon we WILL all be surprised. That's my "mystic meg" prediction ;))

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!