Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 22 September 2010

Ken Barlow is pants

Artist Sian Doherty has paid tribute Coronation Street's Ken Barlow with a painting featuring 25 pairs of pants, one for each of Ken’s loves.

Her work, called ‘Soap Bubble’ will be revealed this Friday in Bolton at a Variety Club tribute to the actor’s 50th anniversary in the soap.

Sian said: "The Variety Club asked me to do something and I came up with this. Each pair of knickers is made partly from my real underwear and each represents one of his lovers. I checked out the number with the people at Coronation Street so I know it’s right. Ken’s silhouette, and the one of representing all the women in his life, are made from black lacy underwear, Having researched William and his character, I’m a huge fan in fact I’d quite like to represent the 26th pair of knickers!"

Before going on show at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium this Friday (September 24), you can view Sian’s masterpiece at the Ivy Deli, Monton Road, in Monton.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!