Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 1 September 2010

State of the Street: August 2010

It's September 1, can you believe it? Coronation Street had a lot of stuff going on in August and much of it evoked a strong response from me, both good and bad.

For the most part, I really did enjoy a lot of the storylines that we saw though I'm really not enjoying the Alahan storyline because of that officious tosser, Dev. Yes, Sally is all over Claire's face for implying Sophie harmed Aadie but for some reason, I can stomach Sally but I just can't deal with Dev! Loved the wedding of the year, loved watching Stape squirm but didn't love Fiz taking him back. Audrey's storyline, while sad, was quite good and I always enjoy seeing our senior actors featured. And I just can't resist another photo here of Deidre's face-cake.

More ruminating about the State of the Street over here.

2 comments:

Sea Penguin said...

Yes, Dev seems to have "dev"- eloped into a right toss-pot - and I used to like him! I used to loathe Sunita, but I'm coming round to her now out of sympathy! plus, she's been good with Sophie and Sian.

maggie muggins said...

Hayley & Roy's wedding made up for the annoying bits, and it's really been a good month. I can stomach Dev more than I can abide with Stape. Even when he's being "good", he's a people-pleaser who is never sure of himself. That puppy dog look on his face drives me nuts.

Sally's holier than everybody attitude over time is entertaining, but I would think someone so sour wouldn't keep such a pretty face after a while. Claire, well - I never really understood that character. She changed so much, which they all do in soap-land, but I don't think the postpartum depression story was very well portrayed in how she evolved out of it.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!