Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 16 December 2009

Coronation Street Fan of the Week - Dec 16, 2009

It's time to meet another Coronation Street fan of the week!

Who are you and where are you from?
My Name is Stephanie Holowka. I work as a radiographer in Toronto, Canada.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I have been watching Coronation street since 1991. I got hooked on the show when I visited my relatives in Lancashire. Ever since then, I have been following Coronation street faithfully...typically videotaping it from week to week.

Your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
Ken Barlow is a favourite character. He seems to be a voice of calm and reason in a household that has suffered no shortage of strife. Ken does not lose control of his temper often, but when that does happen, it is with very good reason. Ken's character shows many dimensions, but it is his intelligence and compassion that are seen often. For a favourite female character: I like Fiz. Her character has grown a lot over the years on the show. She demonstrates very well that a person can be a totally different person from their parentage.....she is so many things better than her mother.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
Oh, I am not as clever as some of the writers, but I will give it a thought: Leanne advising Rosie into the World's Oldest profession might not be such a far off thing. It would definitely give Sally a chance to be humiliated again. Another good storyline, would be Fiz finding a real decent bloke for a change.

Would you like to be a Coronation Street fan of the week? Click here to find out more.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!