Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 2 December 2009

Coronation Street Fan of the Week - December 2 2009

Who are you and where are you from?
My name is Carolyn Thompson and I live in Welland, Ontario. Canada.

How long have you been watching Corrie?
I have been watching since 1981. I started watching just after Rita's husband Len died. My husband, Bruce, would watch Coronation Street every Sunday morning and I would say to him, "What the heck are you watching. That looks stupid." Well, I watched a couple of episodes after that and I was hooked. I can count on my hand the number of episodes I have missed. We can watch the program 5 days a week for 1/2 hour or 2 1/2 on a Sunday morning. Just love it!

Your favourite female and male characters - and the reasons why?
I just love Steve McDonald. I just love those crazy faces he makes and the crazy situations he gets into. I think it was Steve who fell through the ceiling, several years ago. I really like Janice Battersby. Her plan using Rosie Webster's address and the lottery money scam, that was great. She plays the part great. Too bad the fellow that she met at the hospital died. Wish they would find a guy for her.

And what would your fantasy Corrie storyline be?
Bring back the airline pilot (John Lindsay) after he served his time in prison and start up something again with him. Also, bring back Tracy from prison - she has served her time and start up something with her and the older Windass character. (The one that stole the piping from Bill Webster's yard)

P.S. My mom and I went to visit my Great Auntie in Salford, England, in 1997. While we were there we were fortunate enough to have a friend take us to the Coronation Street set. We had a wonderful time. Got my mom interested as well.

Would you like to be a Coronation Street fan of the week featured on the blog? Have a look here.

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!