Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 21 December 2012

Vera Duckworth, Little Mix, Lorraine Kelly join Corrie tonight at 8pm


TV presenter Lorraine Kelly has never made any secret of the fact she's a huge Coronation Street fan ad has hankered after being on the cobbles for some time. Now her dream's come true as she turns up in the Corrie Christmas special for tonight's Text Santa, as a policewoman.

Lorraine said: “I am beside myself. I am a massive fan of Coronation Street and have been since I was a little girl. It’s always been an ambition of mine to appear, even if it’s just in the background of the Rovers. But this is even better, because I get to play a character.”

Girl group Little Mix put their talents to good use, performing in the pub.

And ex-Corrie actress Liz Dawn (Vera Duckworth) also makes a comeback as a ghost in the ITV1 show, based on A Christmas Carol.

The special was filmed for Text Santa, ITV’s Christmas appeal, which is on ITV1 tonight at 8pm, Friday December 21.

Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh exciting!! :D I hope it will be available for overseas fans

Poida said...

Considering the recent passing of Bill Tarmey, I'm so happy to see that Liz Dawn is still willing to be apart of this. It'll be hard for her to do without Bill by her side but I'm sure she'll dedicate the performance to him. Thankyou Liz!! xx

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know its for charity, and its not the charity side I'm against, and I'm also not against Christmas. I think the little kids these days have less Christmas magic than we all had. Its just the idea of the Christmas special thing. EastEnders did a similar thing years ago and while the singing was good the comedy sketches were dreadful.

That being said, I'll glady eat my Christmas stocking if it turns out to be good.

BarrieT said...

the girl singer on the left really looks like sarah-lou platt. they could re-cast her

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!