Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 22 February 2010

The news about Joe's drowning is a little bit painful

The news about Joe's drowning is painful for me. My dad completed suicide by drowning almost two years ago, in April 2008. He had been suffering from psychosis and sadly took the decision to drown himself. We knew he was missing, and spent an awful twenty-four hours with the police looking for him before they found his body.

When I knew this storyline was upcoming I knew it would be hard for me. It is. It's acutely painful. I've been exactly where Tina is. I've identified my dad's body, I've cried in disbelief, I've lived it and I'm so so sorry for Tina. I knew Michelle Keegan would be excellent and so far she is. Helen Worth is always good.

Just excuse me if I don't blog about this storyline for a couple of weeks. It's far too close to home.

12 comments:

Julie Morgan said...

I am very sorry to hear that.

Eden said...

May God bless and keep you and yours. You are in my heart, thought and prayers
x

Susan said...

You have my heart.

Cat said...

You're in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of love!x

Glenda Young said...

It's very brave of you to share. Lots of love xx

Tvor said...

Hang in there, Rebecca... Thinking of you.

Clare said...

Sorry to hear that Rebecca. Lots of love xx

Sea Penguin said...

How dreadful for you Rebecca. Take good care.

News Guy said...

Thats very sad. Lets hope Corrie deals with this sensitvely then.

Defrost Indoors said...

I'm so very sorry. *hugs*

Yoork said...

Sorry to hear. I lost my own father, although to different circumstances, three years ago. Remember your father in life, not in death, it helps.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!