Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 11 March 2010

What will Eve do?

What a pair of villains if I ever I saw one, lurking around Blackpool pier in their matching black outfits. We all know Anthony Valentine plays a cracking baddie, and so it was only going to be a matter of time till Grandad George emerged as a fully fledged nasty piece of work. Fair dos, and it can only get worse.

But about Granny Eve, played by Sabina Franklyn, I'm not sure. She seems to be backing George in his nefarious doings right to the hilt - for now. But I can see a glimmer of doubt in her eyes. Will she turn against him and help get little Simon back home where he belongs, or will she look out for number one? Perhaps she knows what he's capable of, and is afraid of him. But George is clearly up to his neck in dirty deals, and Eve must know where some of the bodies are buried. That must give her a bit of leverage. Time will tell.

Meanwhile, I'm thoroughly enjoying both these fine actors' appearances in Corrie. I've been trying to find out if Sabina Franklyn ever appeared in a Hammer horror film. She has that gothic Kate O'Mara/Diane Cilento look, but I think she's maybe just that little bit too young. Apparently though, she appeared in the final episode of Fawlty Towers, and in sitcoms Full House and Keep It In the Family as well as many other TV roles.

4 comments:

Glenda Young said...

Ooh, good post. I'm loving hating George and Eve and hope all their pine needles fall off their Christmas tree!!

Walzng Matilda said...

I get the impression Eve is a bit scared of George, what he says goes anyway. Why has there been no mention at all of Lucy, even in passing?

Sea Penguin said...

Good point about Lucy. Is Eve George's second wife (not Lucy's mum?) Not that that would explain it, I'm just wondering.

Peter said...

I am absolutely loving this storyline. Both Anthony and Sabina are playing their parts brilliantly. I can't wait to see how Eve will handle the whole sorry mess.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!