Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 25 March 2010

The story of the birth of Coronation Street... on BBC

Here's something to look forward to! Filming starts this summer on a drama about how Coronation Street came to be. The drama is called "Florizel Street", which was the original name of the show, and will be written by the talented Daran Little.

Daran, of course, was the show's archivist and later was on the writing team for Corrie. He's also written many great books on the history of Coronation Street.

The drama, which will be shown on BBC4 as part of their upcoming season featuring Northern life and culture, has yet to be cast. It will follow the story of how Tony Warren fought to bring his dream to life in 1960 and will include legendary characters such as Annie Walker and Ena Sharples. Big shoes to fill but then, it's not trying to replace them, is it? There's no word on when this will air but my thinking is it will be close to the 50th anniversary in December. I'm looking forward to this one!

Casting has been announced - full details here.

8 comments:

Sunny Jim said...

I just saw the press release for this myself. It looks brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! This is the area I was born and brought up in so it will be a walk down Memory Street for me! Can't wait.

Annie said...

Gritting my teeth...

Glenda Young said...

It'll be great, I'm sure.

gadgee said...

I'll definitely be watching.

Peter said...

WOW. What a treat. I cannot wait to see this.

Anonymous said...

I would love to see it - but will it ever air in Canada? Fingers crossed.

Swamp Duck said...

Will definitely be watching this, strange that its on t'other side though!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!