Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 21 May 2015

From Coronation Street PA to Hollyoaks actor

The Manchester Evening news has a nice little story about a Coronation Street PA who is now going to be starring in Hollyoaks.

Ross Adams from Swinton, can barely believe the extraordinary turn of events himself.

Ross had thought his acting dreams were over despite a promising start fresh from leaving Salford University back in 2005. He won roles on a number of TV shows, was nominated for a prestigious RTS Award, but when he joined a London agent three years later, the acting roles began to dry up.

So when a temporary role came up at Granada working as a Personal Assistant for the then Coronation Street producer, Ross decided to take it. It became a permanent job which he loved, and it then led on to a role as script editor at fellow ITV soap Emmerdale.

But in January he received a call out of the blue, while working at Emmerdale, from a contact on Hollyoaks keen for him to screen test for a new role on the Channel 4 soap.

He says: “It was literally out of the blue, but I thought maybe it was worth a go? I had nothing to lose. But my screen test was awful, I forgot my lines because I was a bag of nerves and I thought I had no chance. So I couldn’t believe it when I was offered the role. It has been my dream since the age of 5 years old to be a regular in a soap opera, so to finally have achieved that, I’m still pinching myself.”

He admits friends he made at Coronation Street and Emmerdale have been surprised but delighted by his news. He says: “They’re all really chuffed for me, but a lot were quite shocked as when I was at Corrie I never really spoke about my acting, I suppose I was quite shy about the work I’d done in the past.

“Everyone has been great. Barbara Knox even took me for a meal out at Rosso to celebrate the news with Brooke Vincent, that was so lovely.”

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!