Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 29 December 2015

How do you solve a problem like Leanne?

A few weeks ago you may have seen a post all about ideal Christmas presents for Corrie fans. From a Helen Worth advent calendar to a Barbara Knox mask, you really can get it all. Even a cardboard cut-out of your favourite cast member, notably Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby), Kate Ford (Tracy Barlow),  Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster), Helen Worth (Gail Rodwell) and the dearly missed Sarah Harding (Joni Preston).

Browsing through the countless pages of Celebrity Cut-outs with my mum, we had countless laughs at the variety of cut-outs on offer, and if you can spare half an hour, it's certainly worth a look. Anyway, skipping forward about a week or two to Christmas day, I'm now the proud owner of this...

Ta-dah!
Though hilarious for the first few days, Leanne has now been stood in various places in my living room for nearly a week, and it's becoming worrying...what on earth is next? By the sounds of things, she'd be better off in my living room than in Weatherfield with Simon still around, but on the other hand, she's becoming a piece of dusty furniture. Oh dear.

Do you readers have any suggestions? Perhaps she could be like an all year Christmas tree, with seasonal decorations.

You can follow me on Twitter @MichaelAdamsUk, if you so wish to.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter | Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net


Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

Newfy Pearl said...

I would have her photobomb every photo for the next year! I would love to own a Tracy Barlow full size cut out. Yes...lowly Kate Ford fan that I am...that is my humble dream. :-)

MichaelAdamsUk said...

What a fab idea! She's already appeared in best part of our Christmas photos. I'm not entirely sure why my mum actually got me Jane Danson, I don't dislike her but she isn't my favourite character. It's probably just because having Leanne is a lot more spontaneous and random than one of the more popular or older characters (ie. Rita, Ken, Liz).

Glenda Young said...

I think you should take her out shopping and on the bus with you, even for a booze up in town.

MichaelAdamsUk said...

Haha fab ideas, Flaming Nora. Or rent her out to Corrie if Jane Danson ever decides to leave.

MichaelAdamsUk said...

Oh and that isn't a comment about Jane's acting (she's fantastic) and couldn't be replaced by a mute piece of cardboard

Cobblestone said...

Nice recovery, Michael!

MichaelAdamsUk said...

Haha yes, Cobblestone! I mulled on what I'd posted for a bit and then decided to save myself...

Anonymous said...

This seems like a pitchfork and burning torch sort of situation. Time to run her out of town... or potentially set her alight. Whichever you choose.

Gilles27 said...

Having a cardboard cut-out of a Coronation Street character in your house is ridiculous and a bit sad...




You need at least 3 or she will get lonely!

MichaelAdamsUk said...

I havw a feeling if I was to throw her off the side of a cliff, she'd follow me home... If I was to burn her at the stake her ghost would haunt me...

And no, Gilles, I will not be getting another! She takes up too much room already haha

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!