Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 7 April 2011

Craig Gazey interview

Craig Gazey, in his three years on Coronation Street, has become a firm favourite with fans. Sadly, his days on the Street are numbered and there's a good-bye interview in today's Manchester Evening News.

He's still filming and will likely be on our screens until July. He says he is leaving because he is the type of actor "ducking and diving and doing different things". He's hoping to get back to stage work, something he's done since he was a child. He's serious about his craft, using past performances to fine tune and improve.

Graeme won't be killed off so he could come back in the future. Craig says he would not be against that but has no plans to at the moment. As for his future, he suspects he'll end up living in London due to more opportunities as well as having more chances to go to the theatre as an audience member. We wish him the best of luck.

And don't forget, he's running in the London Marathon. Sponsor him if you can!

You may also enjoy our exclusive Q&A with Craig from last year.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Either I've gone ga-ga or hit the bottle then got amnesia but I'm sure he tweeted a couple of weeks back that he was filming his final scenes?!

Tvor said...

Beth, I think that may have been Steve Huison

Beth said...

Ooops yes, thanks Tvor. It's official, I've gone ga- ga. I think it was Steve Huison (blush) :)
I think this is why I thought Graham was leaving straight after the "wedding". Does this mean therefore that this story will drag on....? Oh no, I think I feel worse now because at least before I thought that it would mean closure soon :( Oh flipin heck

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!