Well, had the Easter bunny arrived in Weatherfield this weekend, he would have probably thrown himself under the nearest tram. Misery was alive and kicking on the cobbles as we settled back for a doom-laden couple of episodes.
Previous comments this weekend have mentioned Misery Maria and I have to agree, she seems to portrayed as one of the next generation of sour-pusses. Will she be the Gail of the next decade? Personally I can cope with Fiz at the moment as we are promised that she will be delivered from the millstone of a storyline that has hampered her progress for so long. With her demented hubby out of the way, here's hoping that Fiz emerges from the shadows in a positive way.
It was sad to see the excellent Steve Huison depart as hapless Eddie Windass. I'm with him on this one though - I'd run to Germany to escape that Devil Child! When Eddie first arrived in the Street I'd anticipated abother version of Les Battersby. However, Huison's portrayal fleshed Eddie out from being a stereotypical slob. Yes, there were definitely layers to Eddie and, sadly, we won't find out how many more. Here's wishing Mr H the very best in the future.
The rest of the evening seemed to focus on the unloveable Xin and her "when I'm cleaning windows" routine, Steve and his giant egg plus the return of the chavvy Platts. Welcome home . . .
You might also like...
-
Please note may be subject to change due to World Cup coverage Monday 13 July 2026 KIT REPORTS HIS SUSPICIONS TO LISA Having clocked Gary a...
-
Wednesday 22nd July 2026 GARY CAN’T HIDE THE TRUTH FROM MARIA In the salon Maria clocks Sally’s screensaver which is a picture from Carla’s ...
-
Monday 20th July 2026 SARAH’S KILLER SECRET FINALLY CATCHES UP WITH HER In this one strand episode Sarah has nowhere left to hide In the caf...
-
Friday 24th July 2026 SARAH ADMITS TO EVERYTHING - WILL SHE PROTECT GARY Maria visits Sarah and rails at her for involving Gary in Theo’s de...
-
Good day. Tonight we are back to only 30 minutes and I think this is Thursday's episode but I could be wrong. Betsy is in hospital and...
-
Thursday 23rd July 2026 MARIA CONSIDERS THROWING GARY TO THE WOLVES A struggling Kit is finding parenting Harry a challenge and is pleased w...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 26 to Friday 31 July 2026 Sally throws ...
-
Tuesday 21st July 2026 LISA FORCES KIT TO MAKE A CHOICE At the station, Sarah swears she’s innocent. In the office, Lisa tells Kit that not ...
-
Vacancy for a Friday night episode reviewer for fortnightly reviews, sharing Friday review duties with our blogger Richard Whitbread. Do you...
-
There are a plethora of common fan complaints when it comes to modern Corrie. Doom and gloom storylines, dodgy and unnecessary camera techni...
