I like Corrie's big storylines, I like the explosions, I like the car crashes, I like the gun sieges and I like the murders. But I'm starting to worry about the way Corrie is going, I'm still enjoying the storylines now, and even the ones coming up sound exciting.
But I know that some point down the line Corrie will have burnt out from these storylines, I know because I watched it happen to Emmerdale back in 2006, too many high profile storylines like the house collapse and Tom King's murder and kidnap lead to the show becoming rather flat, it became more about the next big explosion rather than the characters. Lucky for Corrie they're keeping track of their character development...kind of.
I'm just hoping by the end of this year the show will have calmed down a little, and started telling stories about the characters (like with the upcoming easter special) again. Saying all this, I do have to admit that most high profile events have fitted into their respective storyline, the upcoming bank robbery however does not, and seems like a plot device to give Liz a quick exit.
You might also like...
-
Hello and welcome to Tuesday. Sunday's episode was actually Monday's, so we're getting ahead of ourselves. We start with ...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 17 August to Friday 21 August 2026 Sara...
-
Monday 10th August 2026 SARAH STRUGGLES IN PRISON In the prison, a tough looking inmate shoots Sarah daggers. Sarah’s unnerved. Bethany vis...
-
Thursday 13th August 2026 TIM AND SALLY HAVE A NEW HOUSEGUEST Having taken a call from Ruth, the social worker, Sally tells Tim and Brody th...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Sunday 9 August to Friday 14 August 2026 Tim s...
-
On our latest podcast, we chat about what went on in Corrie between the 3rd and the 6th August 2026 (Episodes #11,914 - #11,917). What’s tha...
-
Wednesday 12th August 2026 TIM’S HAUNTED BY HIS WORDS OF WISDOM Tim and Sally sit in shocked silence after a sleepless night. Lisa calls ro...
-
Friday 14th August 2026 SALLY AND TIM STRUGGLE WITH THEIR NEW ARRIVAL A scream wakes Sally and Tim, who find Lucy wide-eyed after a terrible...
-
Thursday 6th August 2026 KIT LANDS ON A SECRET WEAPON Kit finds Gary in the Rovers and after revealing that he’s had an interesting day, sug...
