Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 8 March 2010

Rupert Hill touring in When Harry Met Sally

Readers may well have already spotted Rupert Hill (Jamie Baldwin) as he tours theatres in the 80s comedy classic When Harry Met Sally. He stars in the play alongside former Hollyoaks actress Sarah Jayne Dunn. Norah Ephron's famous wisecracking screenplay has been adapted for the stage by Marcy Kahan, and the Cullum brothers have provided the music.
Not having seen it myself, I can't say for certain, but I'd bet a wine gum to a barm cake the stage adaptation includes the: "I'll have what she's having" restaurant scene. Best of luck to Rupert, with the tour - dates and ticket info. are here.

Rupert had the not inconsiderable privilege of being, if me raddled old brain cells are firing on all cylinders, and correct me if I'm wrong, last man standing Baldwin-wise. As well as great storylines with Mike, Violet and Sean, he also had an interesting one with screen step-mum Debra Stephenson. Does anyone remember who delivered the line: "Oh, it's Oedipus", in the Rovers? For the life of me, I can't. It's bugging me, so please help out if you can.
Anyone else like to see Rupert driving for Streetcars again? I know I would. Happy days!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, not now...we've already got enough alumni coming back...sometimes even with Corrie one has to accept that one can't go home again....

Tvor said...

The Oedipus line just *has* to be from Blanche! Possibly Eileen

Yoork said...

I think it'd be great to see him back. I don't like it when a good looking guy leaves our cobbles.

I believe it was Blanche who said "Oh, It's Oedipus" also.

CNN'r said...

I read on a blog post here that Tina O'Brien, (formerly "Sarah Louise" and Ryan Thomas ("Jason Grimshaw")have split. Were they married or living together? I hope Rupert Hill and his then on-camera/off-camera honey are still together.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!