Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 14 November 2015

Corrie stars help raise awareness of bladder cancer

Claire King has been posting some intriguing pictures of "Wee, Wee, Wee all the way home" t-shirts to her twitter feed.  Pictures of some of the Coronation Street cast in the t-shirts is a way of raising awareness of bladder cancer.

Claire says: “Firstly I was asked why I'm supporting bladder cancer instead of more ‘trendy’ cancers like lung or breast. Well, of course, I have supported these in the past, but:

a) one of my very dearest friends Fiona is suffering from it at the moment. It brings it home that we tough old birds who grew up together are not indestructible! It was such a shock when l first heard her diagnosis, so I Googled it – and found there wasn't much information about it bar this fantastic FBC website. Therefore …

b) bladder cancer needs to get out there fighting the ‘trendy and sexy’ cancers by giving information about it. Most people wouldn't know it's the seventh biggest killer of young women now (and often misdiagnosed until it's way down the line) and that it's not just an old man's disease. Finally …

c) as Fiona and I were punks together (yes, I know it's hard to believe as we are such demure classy ladies now!) there is still a bit of a rebellious streak in me that wants to support the underdog, so I'm only too happy to Wee Wee Wee all the way home.




Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.

Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog

Download our free App | Visit Corrie.net



Creative Commons Licence All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. My mother died from bladder cancer and my father had it and survived. Good to see the Corrie women support the cause (even though I'm a Yank!).

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!