Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 4 April 2019

Jimmi Harkishin taking break from Coronation Street


Jimmi Harkishin, who plays Dev Alahan in Coronation Street, will be celebrating 20 years playing the Dev-ster in November this year. 

And he's going to be taking a two month break.

In an interview he says: “This is actually my 20th year at Corrie. My first appearance was on November 10, 1999, and I have loved every minute of it. I’ve been here that long that I am now an honorary Mancunian!

"Corrie bosses have very kindly let me have time off for two months to celebrate my 20th year, which I am very grateful for, so I am going to visit China and Japan”.

Talking about some of his favourite moments of playing Dev, he says: “Actually, today one of the writers reminded me of a storyline she pitched about the Dev and Deirdre affair. That was really good fun to film with the late, great Anne Kirkbride. Wonderful memories”.

The interview also says that for the past 15 years Jimmi has been the patron of Baby Lifeline, which provides the welfare and support of premature babies. He also does a lot of work for The Christie, as and when he is able to do so.

You can read the full interview here.

Find out who else is taking a break, leaving, or joining Coronation Street.

Glenda Young
Author: Belle of the Back Streets

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
 


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook







All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

6 comments:

C in Canada said...

I thought he was already on a break! He hasn't been onscreen in ages!

Louby said...

I love Dev, but in small amounts. He adds humour to scenes, I especially like him with Evelyn lately.

Catsmom said...

Is he giving us the finger?

Catsmom said...

I agree with Louby, the scenes with Dev are when Evelyn does her best channeling of Blanche. In my opinion. BTW, I forgot to check that I'm not a robot on my last comment, it still was posted.

Gilles27 said...

That must mean you are a robot!

Christine said...

That picture lol! At least it's not the one of him and Deirdre :(

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!