Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 27 April 2019

Tristan Gemmill leaving Coronation Street


Tristan Gemmill, who plays Robert Preston on Coronation Street, is leaving the show.

Tristan posted this to Twitter yesterday afternoon:

@TristanGemmill

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that the time has come for me to hang up the chef’s gear and head for pastures new. There is still a lot of drama & shenanigans to come for Robert but I will be leaving @itvcorrie later in the year.

I've never been a fan of Robert and can't say I'll miss him - but what do you think?

Find out who else is leaving, joining, returning or taking a break from the show.

Glenda Young
Author: Belle of the Back Streets



Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

Derelict Cucumberpatch said...

No comments...probably means no one cares 😁

Louby said...

I don't think I'll miss him, and will hardly notice he's gone. I did quite like him when he was first reintroduced and was with Tracy but since then, not particularly memorable.

Good luck to Tristan.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Louby. When he first arrived I liked him. He seemed like a genuinely nice character, and though he was smitten with Tracy he wasn't afraid to put her in her place. I also liked his friendship with Leanne.

I think he went downhill after getting with Michelle. It was sort of sweet how he developed a crush on her, but I think it should have remained unreciprocated. It always felt like he was a rebound for her after Steve. His relationship with Michelle brought out the worst in him, and this ridiculous vendetta against Carla has just spoiled his character completely. I had wondered if this fling he's meant to be having would make or break his character but I don't suppose it matters now.

Anonymous said...

Him and Michelle ... things are looking up. Sean next please.

Anonymous said...

Jeanie (anon): Look for him to be revealed as the one who trashed the factory roof--all in line with his sudden personality transplant and hate for Carla.

christine said...

Michelle ruins another man...not surprised he decided to leave.

but it begs the question...with both him and Michelle gone - who is minding the Bistro??

Catsmom said...

Christine: maybe it will go back to Nick; he was the founder.

Unknown said...

He was brilliant in casualty

Anonymous said...

I actually liked the Robert character. I don't blame him for being bitter after Michelle dumped him for a reason that could've been discussed earlier. Carla, Sean & Gemma are the ones that should've died in the collapse

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!