Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 22 April 2019

Corrie newcomer Ryan Russell apologises over Twitter posts


Former CBeebies presenter Ryan Russell is joining Coronation Street as a member of thew Bailey Family.  Find out more about them here.

However, he will now have to meet soap bosses over  alleged offensive posts he made on Twitter many years ago.

He said in a statement:

“First and foremost, I want to take ownership for my behaviour and apologise for some of the language that I’ve previously used on social media.

“I knew some of the words I’d used as a younger man hadn’t been appropriate, therefore some time ago I took action and deleted any tweets that I felt used language that didn’t reflect my values, outlook or principles. Unfortunately these historical tweets have resurfaced.

“I pride myself on being a respectful person who believes in equal rights for all, irrespective of gender, ethnicity, religion, class and sexuality.

“I’m embarrassed by some of my previous social media posts but hope to be able to use my platform to educate, inspire and engage others.

“As with anything in life, I believe that it’s about self-reflection, education and growth. I’m truly sorry and believe that the tweets are not an accurate representation of the person that I am, or aspire to be.”

A spokeswoman for Coronation Street said: “We will be investigating this matter further and meeting with Ryan when everyone returns from the Easter break on Tuesday.”

Glenda Young

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  
 
Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!