Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 4 April 2019

Peter Barlow's beard - Yay or Nay?


We haven't had a Yay or Nay poll for a while here on Coronation Street Blog and it's about time we had one today.

Peter Barlow's beard - what do you reckon? Shave it off or keep it on?

I say a big fat Nay to the beard.  And as there's a new barber shop on Victoria Street in the shape of Trim up North, Peter wouldn't have far to go.

If you fancy seeing behind the scenes at Trim up North, we've got the inside scoop with exclusive pictures and an interview with the set designer.  See it all here.

Glenda Young
Author: Belle of the Back Streets

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook





All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

9 comments:

JennyMac said...

Definitely, definitely a NAY for me. It makes him look so old! I am actually hating this fashion for beards, it makes it very difficult sometimes to tell the characters apart from each other.
Somebody bring back a fashion for clean shaven men please!

C in Canada said...

Definitely a YAY from me. Looks so distinguished.
I'm biased though, my hubby has a bear that looks just smashing on him. lol

Anonymous said...

TRIM IT!!! Peter suits facial hair, but not this long. Give him a pair of glasses and he'll look like Jim Royle! He looked his best back in 2013, 2014.

Sharon boothroyd said...

He needs to shave it off! It makes him look so much older than his years. To me, Chris is the best looking actor on the cobbles and he's ruining his looks with it.

Llal said...

Yes, just a little trim, get rid of all the white straggly bits on the chin!

Louby said...

I'd prefer if it was shorter and not going grey but mostly I like it. Is it weird that his head hair doesn't seem to have any grey but his beard does? I suppose if you were going to dye your hair you'd do the beard too, so I guess it is all natural.

Bifrost Group said...

Jeanie (anon): Nay. The gray is very distracting particularly given the darkness of his hair. Also it is a little wild looking, as some have already commented. All that scraggly gray facial hair-yick!

Anonymous said...

I actually like him with a beard, but perhaps not as long as it is now. I prefer it a little shorter and trimmed, but I do prefer him with a beard over cleanly shaven.

maggie muggins said...

I'm just trying to recall if the beard grew in slowly on the show, or if Peter hid for a while, returning with it fully grown. Remember the short shorn sides on his head he had when he showed Carla the haunted pool hall? I've heard that this international growth of numbers of men with beards is a way for them to enhance their looks, since they don't have all the choices that women have with cosmetics, hair colour/styles, clothing, etc. I can understand that, but sometimes it gets annoying. Of course, I'm of an age where comfort is top of the list.

I predict Peter is going to experiment with his hair & beard styles for a while, not just him but most of Corrie's men. Guess why? I see him having fun with it and enjoy the honest grey streak, which could do with some expert trimming.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!