Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 23 August 2018

From Kylie Platt to Kinky Boots


Our blogger Glenn Meads met and interviewed Paula Lane, who played Kylie Platt in Coronation Street.

Earlier this yar, Paula starred in the play #BeMoreMartyn at the Hope Mill Theatre recently and she’s about to go on tour in the multi award-winning musical, Kinky Boots, which comes to Manchester Opera House in November. 

She says: "Corrie was a rollercoaster and it’s given me the building blocks to create my career. My last role as Rachel in #BeMoreMartyn was equally as special – a true life lesson in believing you can achieve anything if you work hard enough. I find it fascinating that both my roles post-Corrie ring out the message, ‘Just be who you want to be’."

And asked if she has any favourite haunts in Manchester, she says: "I’m very good friends with Jennie McAlpine (who plays Fiz) and I love Annie’s, the restaurant she runs with her husband Chris. I love getting away from it all and relaxing there.

You can read the full interview here.


Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook 




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!