Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 29 August 2018

Star of the Week: Jenny Connor



Sorry this post is a little late, I’ve been busy this weekend dancing away at Manchester Pride (which was yet again absolutely incredible). Anyway, let’s get down to it!

Jenny Bradley Connor is just fantastic, isn’t she? Everything she says and does either makes me hysterical with laughter or brings a tear to my eye. This week it’s been the former with her successful attempt at fooling everyone about the impending “Roverz”.

When I first saw the spoiler about the Rovers we know and love becoming some fancy gastro pub with neon lights, I scoffed and said, ”pull the other one!” But with scaffolding and hard hats, I was getting concerned that things were indeed going to be changing.

Never mind though, Jenny and Johnny were just trying to freak everyone out. Their practical joke was the welcome relief from everything else going on that every show needs, but Corrie does so well.

Our very own ‘Jenny from the block’ is my star of the week purely because she entertains me. You’ve got to grab happiness anywhere you can get it, and this week it came from Jenny. To be honest, she makes me hysterical most weeks, especially when she has a few vinos; I think we’d be best friends.

Who was your Star of the Week last week?

Sophie Williams

Read some more of my general natterings on Twitter @sophie_jw26




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great post! I admit that it took me a little while to warm up to Jenny when she first came back, but now I'm really enjoying her.

Unknown said...

I love Jenny! We watch 'Classic Corrie' too and it's fantastic to see her in both eras. Always entertaining and one of my favourite characters. Lovely to see her back with Rita too - another of my favourites. And I've always been so jealous of her hair!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!