Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 31 August 2018

Mikey North: Learning to drive was scarier than live Corrie


Mikey North, who plays Gary Windass in Coronation Street, has been chatting about his upcoming reality TV show in which he has been learning to drive.

He's been talking to What's on TV and says that the driving test was scarier than filming live episodes of Coronation Street.

He says “It’s my first venture away from acting and it’s been great, it really was the best experience I have ever had. It was such an emotional week, I’m sure you will see when you watch it. I had a great time and bought away some amazing experiences.”

But he also admits he was "Absolutely terrified! When I was 17 I moved to London and I didn’t need to drive, and now I’m 31 and get stick from my friends. It’s become a bit of a phobia of mine, and so for some stupid reason I thought: ‘let’s go on national television and learn how to drive in front of everyone!’.”

How did he fit it around filming Corrie? "After a really busy year I’ve had some time off and so it was the perfect opportunity for me to learn to drive! I’d finished bringing Pat Phelan down, and went off to learn to drive! Although the latter was much harder, I can tell you!”

All Star Driving School will be shown on weeknights from Monday 3rd Sept at 7.30pm on E4

You can watch a teaser video of Mikey driving here.

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!   

Read more Corrie news, interviews, gossip and spoilers  

Follow us on Twitter and Like us on Facebook




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!