Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 12 August 2018

Carla and Roy two-hander episode... please!


I really love a two-hander episode. Like, really. For those who aren't familiar, one of these is an episode which only features two-cast members. An episode like this allows two characters to be explored so deeply and you come out the other side feeling like you know the characters a hell of a lot better. Plus, it lets you focus for 30 minutes on one storyline.

Coronation Street has had two two-hander episodes in the past. The first was a special episode which only featured Curly and Raquel Watts. The second was a regular episode which was wonderfully held by Tracy and Deirdre. This episode is subsequently one of my all time favourite Corrie episodes as Kate Ford and Anne Kirkbride portrayed such powerful emotions after Tracy admits to murdering Charlie Stubbs.

It was thinking about such episode the other day when I got to thinking, who would I want to see in a two-hander episode with the current cast? For me, I would be VERY interested in seeing an episode that circulated around Carla Connor and Roy Cropper.

There is nothing more precious on that street at the moment than Carla and Roy's beautiful friendship; they're a brilliant example that platonic love can actually exist. My heart actually melted when we saw their little book club in Roy's flat a while ago. Complete polar opposites, they are the last two characters that I would naturally put together but it just works so well. Alison King and David Neilson seem to have such lovely, natural chemistry.

Roy always seems so distraught about pretty much everything Carla says or does, and it's so endearing because most of the time she's either slept with someone she probably shouldn't, or has said something that makes Roy blush. I just think that an episode featuring them and no one else would be divine.

Who would you like to see in a two-hander episode?

Sophie Williams

Read some more of my general natterings on Twitter @sophie_jw26



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see an episode with only Roy & Carla. Great idea.

Flo said...

I like this idea! It could be Carla having a bit of a breakdown and Roy, always the voice of reason and common sense talking her through it.

Laura said...

I like this idea too. :)

abbyk said...

Roy and Carla is the only one I could see right now. It requires two talented actors with well connected characters. The only other pairs I could envision are Ken and Peter in a deathbed scene where Ken is worried about passing the patriarch mantle to his very damaged eldest, or Ken and MiniMe Daniel as the least damaged of his three kids, hoping he succeeds in life where Ken had only met failure (this would have to come after the baby, the Masters and the first novel, tho’. They don’t have a strong enough relationship atm). BUT NOT YET!!!!! I’m not ready to say goodbye to Ken.

Anonymous said...

Chesney and Sinead = a cure for insomniacs! :)

popcorn said...

Roy and Carla would be perfection.
I think maybe Leanne and Peter could pull it off too.

Unknown said...

I've always loved Roy and Carla! Also, I think it would be amazing to explore the relationship between Jenny and Gemma.

Laura said...

@abbyk - lol you know things are bad when the child who tried to murder you is the least damaged of your kids!!!!

Cobblestone said...

Jenny and Rita, certainly, as they have so much history and deep feelings, and both would knock it out of the park. But Gemma doesn’t have the acting chops to pull off something like this - not yet, anyway. But I too would love to see a Carla/ Roy, or Leanne/ Peter two-hander. They always feel special. I remember Sally & Kevin’s long night of the soul during Tram Crash week - wasn’t technically a two-hander, but it had that feel about it.

Anonymous said...

No thank you, I can't stand Carla so I wouldn't want to see a two-hander featuring her.

I would like to see a Liz & Jim McDonald two-hander.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That would be over in 2 mins. It would be just a re hash of everything Jim's said before. Really don't think he'd have anything new to say. So not looking forward to his return

Anonymous said...

Would looove this to happen...

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!