News just in from the official Coronation Street website at itv.com has a Farewell Sunita page as actress Shobna Gulati announces she is leaving the soap - again. She left once before and then returned, if you recall.
The official Corrie site says Shobna has decided it is time to explore other
acting opportunities and focus more time on her comedy writing. She will leave the soap next year - the Coronation Street writing
team are currently working on an explosive exit for the character.
Shobna said: "I have loved playing Sunita but, having played the role
originally from 2001 to 2005 and then returning to Corrie four years
ago, I really feel the time has come for me to focus on other aspects of
my career. I had always told myself I would see my son through school and I
have done that. Comedy writing has long been a passion of mine and the
commitment to a show like Corrie is huge and doesn’t really leave enough
time to concentrate on other projects. I’d love to be able to combine
my writing and acting career in the future.
"Playing Sunita has been a fabulous opportunity. I've thoroughly
enjoyed her journey and am looking forward with excitement to her
dramatic departure. I shall miss her. That said, I have made a host of
friends cast and crew - friendships that will stay with me."
Will anyone miss Sunita? And how would you like character to be written out of Corrie - and should she take Dev with her?
Follow the Coronation Street Blog on Twitter and Facebook
Tuesday, 30 October 2012
You might also like...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October 2026 W...
-
Thursday 1st October 2026 SOMEONE CONFESSES As someone overhears Ben telling Kevin that so far the police have no idea who attacked Eva, the...
-
Wednesday 30th September 2026 THE NET CLOSES IN AROUND THE GUILTY The police take Carl in for questioning over the attack on Eva. Carl prote...
-
This is all Nick's fault. If he'd just given Sam his phone back, none of it would've happened. In fact, why was poor old Sam...
-
Friday 25th September 2026 DEBBIE’S IN A DAZE AS EVA’S LIFE HANGS IN THE BALANCE As Nick and Toyah search for Sam, a disorientated Debbie a...
-
Here are the major storylines for the week ahead on Coronation Street, all wrapped up nicely. Monday 5 October to Friday 9 October 2026 Sall...
-
Welcome. We open at Chariot Square Happy Hour where Izzy, Sean, Michael and Carla are enjoying a few drinks. Glenda comes in looking for D...
-
Coronation Street reveals a dramatic showdown sparked by a dangerous love triangle. The teaser exposes the tensions at the Platts as a calcu...
-
This episode of the podcast covers the week of the 21st to the 25th September (Episodes #11,946 - #11,950). What a refreshingly watchable we...
-
Wednesday 23rd September 2026 CHRISTINA GETS A DISTURBING BLAST FROM THE PAST In the undertakers, Christina observes George as he talks Tim ...
.jpg)