Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Tonight: Sally Lindsay on Celebrity Bake Off


Sally Lindsay, who played Coronation Street's Shelley Unwin, is starring on Celebrity Bake Off for Stand Up to Cancer tonight. It's on Channel 4 at 8pm.

And Sally revealed there's a personal reason she wanted to take part in the show.

Sally said:  “I don’t think there’s anyone in the country that hasn’t got a personal reason to want to do something for cancer. It touches all our lives. My dad passed away from cancer last year, I’ve had friends who’ve had it and recovered and other friends who didn’t make it. I thought this would be an opportunity for me to do something that takes me out of my comfort zone for the right reasons.

“I’d never baked anything before I got there! I’d only ever made Rice Krispie cakes, but that doesn’t count, does it? Before that, the last time I can remember putting a spoon in mixing bowl of flour, I was about seven years old, baking with my gran. It was massively daunting walking into the tent because it’s so iconic. When I turned up, the producers asked: ‘What are your ideas, what do you usually do?’ And I’m thinking: ‘What!?’ I was like a proper fish out of water! I was literally sweating for two days. It’s the hardest gig I’ve ever done.”

Fancy writing a guest blog post for us? All details here!  






All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!