Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 24 July 2018

Corrie Press Day (Part 6) - Eva Price leaves Coronation Street!


Welcome to interview No. 6 of my visit to the Coronation Street set, and my day caught in a flurry of exclusive summer storyline interviews.

A character who has had a stormy seven years on the show, Eva Price is about to depart Coronation Street for the foreseeable future. Stepping onto the cobbles in 2011, Eva slowly broke away from the Price clan and formed a 'sisterhood' with half-sibling Leanne and Leanne's half-sister Toyah. A tumultuous relationship with Aidan Connor resulted in her daughter Susie, and we know how much heartache this has caused several residents of the Street.

As actress Catherine Tyldesley enters the Corrie hub for today’s press release interview, she appears a little upset. The actress has in fact just filmed Eva’s final teary scene on the set of Corrie, and she begins our interview apologising for looking a tad emotional. I am now hoping to hear that addictively more-ish laugh that Catherine gave to Eva!

As a mother yourself do you get emotional at the thought of your child being taken away from you (when Johnny kidnapped Susie)?
“Yes. Absolutely. I can’t begin to imagine being in that position, I personally can understand why people would give their children away but it's not something that I could do”

If Toyah hadn’t have confessed to Peter, do you think Eva would have taken Susie back anyway?
“Yes. She said to Toyah, 'I want to move out so you can be a family with Peter and Susie' but it's breaking her heart seeing Susie every day. But yes I think she would have taken her back anyway 100%”

How does it feel to be leaving Coronation Street?
“It's surreal. I feel like I’m trying to absorb everyone more than ever. I’m trying to get every last bit of it in and I love it here, I’m not unhappy, so it's going to be really emotional.”

Eva isn’t being killed off so would you ever consider a return?
“Of course, yes, I’d consider it. We don’t know what the future holds but Corrie has been like a home to me,” she enthuses. "Ever since I was small, I’ve dreamed of being on Corrie, it was a dream job. I would love to see Eva come back to wreak some more havoc.”

Are you happy with your leaving storyline?
“So happy. Kate Oates has been wonderful; the writers have been wonderful and I’m really grateful for the stuff they have given me. It’s a great exit storyline”

Why does Eva think it's better to move away from Weatherfield?
“Because of Johnny, and for Toyah’s sake. She can see how hard it is for Toyah to be seeing Susie every day. It's just heart-breaking. She actually isn’t being selfish, she is doing it for them and a fresh start for Susie. She has her Mum and Gran in France so feels she has the security she needs there”

I for one will miss Eva on the street. For me, I think she represents that northern strong female character that Tony Warren created at the show's inception.  All the best to Catherine, I say.

Would you like to see Eva Price return to the cobbles in the future?

I am @rybazoxo and I write Wednesday night episode reviews for @CoroStreetBlog Follow me for more content on Corrie’s summer storylines. coming soon.




Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

2 comments:

wouldntyouknow said...

Lovely interview. However, can I just point out that Leanne and Toyah are not half sisters, they were step sisters when Leanne's Dad (Les) and Toyah's Mom (Janice) were married.

Flo said...

I would love to see Eva come back in the future, she's been a great character and one I'm definitely going to miss. No one laughs like Eva!!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!