Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 20 July 2018

5 fab things about working at Coronation Street: The Tour


With me working at the Corrie Tour in Salford, I thought I'd compile a little list of 5 fab things about my weekends in Weatherfield. So here goes...

5. The look on their faces 
One of the best things for me is seeing how excited everyone gets as we turn the corner in the car park and the set is finally in full-view. Just the sight of Viaduct Street gets everyone buzzed before they've even stepped on a cobble!

4. Chatting Corrie
Without a doubt one of my favourite things is chatting about something I love, with someone who loves the same thing as me. It means I can stop boring my mum...

3. Recreating scenes!
After we've finished our touring for the day, there's nothing more that me and fellow guide Tabitha love doing than recreating a Corrie scene. Here we are doing our best "Kylie and David"!

2. Recalling storylines
My particular favourite story to chat about is the collapse of No. 7 in 1965. The amount of people who have forgotten that there wasn't a house there for 17 years is crazy!



1. An empty Street
Very rarely you find yourself all alone on Coronation Street. This is so surreal. I can't even put it into words. All of the pictures on this post I took whilst the set was empty.

Don't forget that if you want to visit the Street yourself, you can book tickets at coronationstreetthetour.co.uk. See you there!



You can follow me on Twitter, @MikeAdamsUk.



Please read our advice for leaving comments on the Coronation Street Blog
All original work on Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!