Tuesday, 15 July 2014

Coronation Street tour to stay open for another year?

In an interview with The Yorkshire Post today, the Director of Continuum, the group behind the Coronation Street tours, reveals a little surprise.

She talks about how popular the Coronation Street tour is with fans and says:

“Initially, we were only running the tour until the end of September or beginning of October. Watch this space. We had a budget of 150,000 visitors. We have currently sold over 263,000 tickets and we’ve still got July, August and September to go.

“I think we will probably surpass 300,000 visitors in just six months. It would be foolish of us not to respond to popular demand, and popular pressure to keep it open. However attractive it might be financially to keep it open, it has to be led by what people want. The people in Manchester are saying, ‘What a shame. Why can’t it stay open for a little longer at least?’

“So my secret mission is to try and keep it open for another year.”

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went on the tour last week.

The highlight for me was having my photo taken behind the Rovers bar, following in the footsteps of Corrie luminaries such as Julie Goodyear and Betty Driver.

However, I would have thought that ultimately anyone wanting to visit will have done so within the 6 months.

Also, I thought the site had been sold for redevelopment so how could it stay open for another 12 months.

Tvor said...

I think there's a very good chance it will stay open longer from things I've heard.

Anonymous said...

If it stays open I will be one very very very happy Canadian. I could not make it over this year, much as I wanted to, and I will attend WITH BELLS ON NEXT YEAR if it stays open. And I am sure I am not the only one. Please, please, please, please etc etc

You might also like...