Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 24 August 2011

More Coronation Street fan art

Flaming Nora invited fans to share their Coronation Street art after posting a lovely painting by fan Christine.  This is my painting, in oils, of Number 9 Coronation Street.

These days, the yellow and blue are quite a bit more faded and chipped on the real set, of course, and this was painted before Vera named it the Old Rectory.

My fiance is an artist and a talented musician. He draws me a cariacature birthday card every year. This one was from 2006. He also has written me a song for Christmas each year and last year's, in honour of the Corrie Crazy documentary that we were in, is called Corrie Crazy. You can year it via a little jukebox on my own personal website here.

4 comments:

Nemo said...

Nice painting Tvor. :)

Did you notice that they've recently removed Vera's "Old Rectory" sign?!

Anonymous said...

I hadn't noticed they removed the Old Rectory sign, interesting. This is a lovely painting, very well done. However, it seems so odd having that cladding up there now that Vera and Jack are both gone. The set should really be painted over or something, it's not really a suitable tribute for the lives of the previous owners.

maggie muggins said...

Oh, nooos! I wouldn't want them to paint it over! It's part of the history of the Street. It would have to be an extremely good storyline to have it done over.

Very sweet painting, Tvor! It has a nice feeling to it with the colours and shading.

I hadn't noticed the Old Rectory sign was gone either. :-(

Anonymous said...

I seem to recall that Molly got an estimate to have it removed and it was really expensive so they left it.

What I don't understand that you'd think that a young couple would moderize the house somewhat but to me it's just as ugly and tacky as when Jack and Vera lived there.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!