Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 13 December 2010

Where have you seen Charlotte's parents before?

I was wondering where I'd seen them before and now thanks to the Sun - who posted this picture here - I know their names!

Charlotte's mum Dorothy is played by Jean Fergusson who is a Wakefield native like me! I didn't know that. She played Marina in Last of the Summer Wine for 25 years, and also played Gary Mallet's mum in Corrie in 1999!

Charlotte's dad Alan is played by John Woodvine who has had a long and illustrious career, but I think I know him best as Frank Gallagher's dad in Shameless, which probably says a lot about me.

I'm sorry to say goodbye to Charlotte and her parents, though. I think they've all been great characters.

See also: Where have you seen...?
Ken Barlow's grandson JamesKen Barlow's son LawrenceDr Matt CarterSaucy CharlotteIzzy's dad Owen Armstrong,The Corrie coppersColin FishwickTrevor the binmanConnie RathboneUncle Umed,Julie Carp's mumLuke StrongSophie Webster's boyfriendEileen Grimshaw's dadNorris' girlfriendGraeme Proctor,Molly's Aunty PamMaria's mum and dadGail's dadScary BrianTina's dadTony Gordon's henchmanLittle Simon Barlow

3 comments:

John M said...

John Woodvine was also in the Dr Who story "The Armageddon Factor" back in 1979.

Frosty the Snowman said...

How much longer is this Stapewick farce nonsense rumbing on and on. Its just becoming totally ludicrous now.

Nurse Florence Ganderpoke said...

John Woodvine was also in one of my favourite films; An American Werewolf in London.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!