Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 23 December 2010

Is Becky Granger McDonald turning nasty again?


I do hope so. I've never taken to the "redeemed" Becky (Katherine Kelly), gushing over Stevie-babes and swanking about behind the Rover's bar in an array of horrid off-the-shoulder tops. So I was glad when she half-inched the dosh from Dev's safe. Not a nice thing to do, I'll grant you, but it was a sign that maybe Becky is getting her own brand of bottle back - and not before time as far as this viewer is concerned.
I thought that Katherine Kelly was great as Becky when she first appeared in Corrie as Kelly Crabtree's thieving mate, a really nasty, venal piece of work. Then they started bringing in a bit of back-story, hinting at an abusive past, showing how folk can change and so forth. Fair enough, but for me it didn't work. And unlike most viewers, I've never liked the Becky, Roy and 'Ayles relationship (whereas it worked for me when the Croppers fostered Fiz).
Maybe Steve is finally waking up and smelling the coffee too. Is it the end of the road for this Mcdonald marriage?
Apparently, Tracy Barlow ends up in a pool of blood on New Year's Eve (surprise). Is Becky the culprit? She's a street fighter and a survivor, so perhaps she is. Personally though, I was hoping for a good hair-puller out on the cobbles rather than a sneaky under-cover-of-darkness attack in the ginnel. If Tracy survives and it ever comes to that, my money would definitely be on Becky.
My own blog is here

12 comments:

Tvor said...

Ah but Becky or Steve are too obvious to be the culprit/s in Tracy's bashing. My money's on David Platt. He won't take it well when he finds out she's hopped from his bed to his brother's.

Tvor said...

...... or it could be Kylie!

abbyk said...

Even if Becky doesn't do it, she'll spend some time in jail. Steve will pine for her even though he doesn't quite believe her innocence. Amy and Max will paint pictures.

Hey Santa, I've been a very good girl. There's still time. Please bring me Charlie Stubbs' long lost revenge seeking brother. Thank you.

Tvor said...

In the interest of keeping this somewhat spoiler free, i've deleted the spoiler comments.

Anonymous said...

I don't think becky did attack tracey, i think we are gonna be in for a shock!

Anonymous said...

"Is Becky Granger McDonald turning nasty again?" Does it matter? The damage is done, the character has deteriorated and become pointless, not to mention very unpopular. As for who attacked Tracy, I wouldn't put it past Tracy to bash her own head in to raise the stakes of her game. She's done it before...

Anonymous said...

I hope not! I actually love the relationship between Becky, Roy and Hayley. She's so intensely loyal towards them, and really seems to be one of those people who isn't always completely scrupulous, but would do whatever it takes to look after the people she does care about. I think their strange family dynamic is quite endearing!

Anonymous said...

Where's Gail? Still banged up? Then it should be Sally as does Tracy damage

Frosty the Snowman said...

I agree with Anonymous above that the Becky character on looting her neighbours for the brat "Maxaaaay" has now become untenable and should go. Characters have their time and Becky's is up. I am fed up with her and her skanky face, Steve deserves so much better and WHERE ON EARTH IS LIZ? As she has missed the high profile storylines there does not seem much point in her coming back and what of Jim after the random scene with him in hospital?

Anonymous said...

Omg what. Becky/Hayley/Roy is the best relationship on the show, how she is their protector and them hers.

John McE said...

IMHO, she's ALWAYS been a nasty character.Her only redeeming feature is her loyalty to Roy and Hayley, but other than that all she has ever cared about is herself. She's only nice when she wants something or someone. Please get rid a.s.a.p.

maggie muggins said...

I don't think Becky's always one thing or another. She tries and sometimes succeeds, sometimes fails. Coming from where she did, it's not gonna change overnight and never did.

I like her high spirits and love for life. She doesn't sit around moaning like a lot of the other women. When she messes up, it's usually big time. But I don't think she's capable of attempted murder.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!