Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Where have you seen saucy Charlotte before?


Anyone else loving the dotty, saucy Charlotte Hoyle on Coronation Street? I hope Corrie does the decent thing and keep her on the show long after the storyline with Stape plays itself out. She's wonderful, is Charlotte. But where have you seen the actress who plays her, before?

Well, the actress is Becky Hindley and from her IMDB profile it appears that she's not done a huge amount of TV work before but she has appeared in Doctors, Casualty and The Bill. She has, however, done a great deal of theatre work and has even appeared on stage with Hutch himself, David Soul.

See also: Where have you seen...?
Izzy's dad Owen Armstrong, The Corrie coppers, Colin Fishwick, Trevor the binman, Connie Rathbone, Uncle Umed, Julie Carp's mum, Luke Strong, Sophie Webster's boyfriend, Eileen Grimshaw's dad, Norris' girlfriend, Graeme Proctor, Molly's Aunty Pam, Maria's mum and dad, Gail's dad, Scary Brian, Tina's dad, Tony Gordon's henchman, Little Simon Barlow

6 comments:

Peggy said...

Seriously?

She drives me bananas, probably because she's such a good actress and reminds me of too many obnoxious people I know.

I wouldn't mind seeing the backs of Stape, Charlotte and Fishwick!

John M said...

I think Charlotte is brilliant. Utterly, utterly mad. I would love her to stay but I can't see it I'm afraid. I can see her going the same way as Colin Fishwick does next week.

Pablo Fantastico said...

I would certainly accomodate Charlotte to the full.She would not need to ask me twice :-)

Sea Penguin said...

I love Charlotte - she is totally, totally brilliant. I want a spin off series with Charlotte, Fishwick (yes!) Fiz & John Stape & Ches, and the Windasses. All of them - including Gary and scary Len. I just love this whole storyline. Please don't kill any of them off in the tram disaster...

Tvor said...

I too love Charlotte as a whacked out oddball nutter but she's a brilliant character! Yes, she'll be short lived (hopefully that isn't literally, mind you!), characters like that can't sustain the madness as a long term regular character but oh boy it's worth the ride!

Old Ena said...

I really like Charlotte, the lonely frustated middle aged woman who is suddenly made to felt important with her Fishwick knowledge and doesnt want to let go of her new "friend" and someone to have a drink with. She is played brilliantly but alas I feel with the end of Fishwick, she will have no place in Corrie any longer.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!