Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 22 December 2010

My favourite Corrie quote

Further to this post about a new Corrie quote Tumblr (I love Tumblr. It's a micro-blogging site and it's so much fun), I got thinking about my favourite Corrie quote.

It was said by Hayley's son Christian so we're talking a few years back now. She gave him a photo album of herself as a young boy, although at the time of course Christian didn't realise she was actually his dad. Upon receiving the album Christian said,

"It's better than a Smiths twelve inch white label"

which appealed to me as a music fan, as a Smiths fan, as a Hayley fan! I used it as a screen name for a while, even.

I would absolutely love to see Christian back on screen trying to forge some kind of relationship with Hayley. It wouldn't be easy by any stretch, but I believe the Corrie writers and actors could pull it off with sensitivity and dignity.

4 comments:

maggie muggins said...

Sounds like a good one to me too, Rebecca. I hope the writers don't wait too long to think of this. I wonder if they ever check out this blog?

mister_tmg said...

I'd love to see him back. I used to see the actor in my local area, in Sheffield.

Anonymous said...

No, let's not bring this character back. I wasn't a big fan of the way this plot was managed by the writers. And all the character of Hayley wound up gaining from this was a punch in the nose.... ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

OMG.....is that Simon Cowell on the far right wearing a white T-shirt!!!!!

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!