Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Friday 17 December 2010

Professor Coronation Street

Meet Professor Coronation Street - the man who says soaps are like Dickens
Dr Phil Lumby is such a fan of Coronation Street that he's made it the subject of his PhD at the University of Gloucestershire.

And his research paper, entitled What kind of a man are you?: The masculinities of Coronation Street is to be turned into a book, it says here.  I'll certainly buy it. I wrote one of my MA essays on Femininities represented by Coronation Street. I love stuff like this, I really do!

If you're studying Corrie at an academic level, I've compiled a list of resources here

6 comments:

Apple Cobbler said...

Just out of interest Nora, have you ever considered starting up a messageboard for Coronation Street Blog users? It's just an idea but I think it could take off :)

Kylie O'Reilly said...

Is he the guy that was on 'This Morning' in his underwear as part of a 'dress up someone as Santa' Guinness World Record Attempt today?

Suburban Princess said...

I am so happy I came across your blog! With the csvu site being so complicated these days and ITV not doing updates anymore I am so happy to be able to read about the Street! Thanks for all of your hard work - I can wait to get caught up!

Frosty the Snowman said...

The prof looks just like a thinner version of Norris!

Glenda Young said...

yes, I'm thinking of how to incorporate a messageboard or forum but haven't found anything suitable yet.

maggie muggins said...

I kinda like this place the way it is now. What with all the bloggers and links to elsewhere to read, I already spend waaay too much time here. That's just me though. I'm sure lots would enjoy some form of discussion forum.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!