Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Sunday 17 January 2010

Yes it's Corrie Weekly Awards time again!

Unsupportive award: Gold star: Kelly. If anyone could possibly be more selfish and Me-me-me than Rosie it's Kelly but... see below.
Bronze Star: Graeme, for bursting into tears alongside Rosie instead of comforting her.

That's you told award: Gold Star: Rosie Webster sticking up for her mother. About time she does something unselfish and all!
Silver Star: Kelly. As selfish as it seems, Kelly is uncompromising and most definitely not being hypocritical when it comes to Sally's illness.

Supportive award: Gold star: Tyrone. Um. Guilt, much, Kevin? Ty turned down the other job to be there for Kevin who was hoping Molly would be out of the way.
Silver Star: When it comes down to it, Rosie (see above) and Sophie really will be a support for Sally.

Fashion Don't award: Gold Star (or should that be tarnished star?) Eddie Windass for that grotty dressing gown. Anna is so nicely turned out. Surely she'd have thrown that in the bin and burned it by now?

Lazy mother award: Gold Star: Michelle. Sticking candles in a stack of toast for an 18th birthday cake?
Lines of the week:
Tyrone: "Loyalty, mate. You taught me that" (Oh 'eck. Guilt anyone?)
Sean about Rosie's advert: "I'm quite literally agog. I nearly dropped me fancies!"
Rosie: "These boobs and this brain are my passport out of this dump!"
Norris about Mary's motorhome: "I see a Venus flytrap and I've already flown far too close for comfort." Emily: "Comparing yourself to an annoying little bluebottle, I see the analogy!"
Sean: "Guns don't make people laugh, Jesse, People make people laugh!"
Kelly: "It's not 'furrr'. I should be off and you should be bad-mouthing *me*!"
Roy about Eddie's hand grenade cake: "Tasteful even if tasteless." Tyrone: "Looks like this is going down a bomb, eh Eddie?" (The writers must do this on purpose just so they can have a field day!)

2 comments:

Llifon said...

I thought that we were going to have an awards thing on this that we could vote on Corrie in 2009?

Examples:

Best Male
Best Female
Double Act
Storyline

etc.

Tvor said...

No, i was just doing a yearly awards similar to the weeklies. Everyone always has best of polls for subjects like that anyway. I wanted to do something different.
http://coronationstreetupdates.blogspot.com/2009/12/2009-awards-of-year.html

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!