Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Saturday 30 January 2010

Rapper Snoop Dogg wants Corrie Cameo


I definitely had to do a double-take when I read this headline. Apparently rapper Snoop Dogg wishes that the UK would lift his ban of entering the country (see here why) so that he may appear on The Street in a cameo role. According to Snoop Dogg, "When I'm in Britain, I love to eat Indian food and chill in my hotel room and watch Coronation Street." He even goes as far to say that Coronation Street is to Manchester as the Statue of Liberty is to the U.S.A. Read more here.

The rapper goes on to admit that people are surprised that he's a fan of the soap, and I have to say that so was I. I've always said that Coronation Street was a great unifier. Folk of all different persuasions love to watch Corrie. No matter who you are, you can always find comfort in the lives lived by those on a small Weatherfield street.

Source: The Sun UK

5 comments:

Glenda Young said...

I think he's just said this so it'll help him get into the UK to be honest, he's probably been advised by his "people" to say the right things to help him gain entry when he's been barred already... hmm...

Tvor said...

I'm sure you're right, Nora. I think it's rather bizarre really so it has to be a publicity set up. It's become cool to say that in the press these days.

Anonymous said...

Oh have mercy...keep rap "music" and gangsta rap and rappers off the cobbles... is nothing sscred these days???

Stay away, Snoopy Dog Dog or whatever this guy's name is...

Ena's hairnet said...

Snoop Dog could have been one of Norris's brief assistants in the Kabin with all the bling and patois - that could have been funny.

Cheryl said...

What exactly would he do on the Street anyway.... get Peter hooked on weed too?

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!