Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Monday 10 March 2014

Top 50 Corrie Couples - No. 5

5. Kirk Sutherland and Beth Tinker 2012- (192 votes)

Despite only beginning a relationship a year ago, the placing of this couple shows how quickly they’ve won fans’ hearts.

This relationship began when Kirk chauffeured Beth to meet her online date. However, the date didn’t work out and Beth realised that Kirk was the man for her. Since then they have been in a relationship and Kirk has become a father figure to Beth’s son Craig.

Although they haven’t had a lot of screen time, whenever they are, they’re shown to have a wonderful chemistry and loving relationship with Beth endearingly calling him 'Kirky'.

Are you fans of Kirk and Beth? What storyline would you like them to have next? Should they be in the top 5?


Check out who was at 6.


Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

10 comments:

David said...

They're nice, but fifth best of all time?

Rebecca said...

I like them, but I'm shocked they're ahead of couples like Jack and Vera. I demand a recount!

Anonymous said...

I like them but I'm surprised they're as high as this!

Tvor said...

I agree. They're great but definitely not top 5 ahead of Jack and Vera.

Anonymous said...

Recount!

abbyk said...

Of course they are ranked high. This is blog is read mostly by current viewers, not just by avid fans from the who've been watching religiously from the beginning. Today's viewers are not familiar with couples from the past and would naturally rank them lower. It is also a friendly questionnaire, not the Gallup poll with a high level of statistical analysis and degrees of confidence.

maggie muggins said...

I like them too, but it's astounding that they came out ahead of Jack & Vera. Could smart phone voting have as effect on the voting somehow?

Rosie said...

This is getting even more weird. I like them, they're a terrific little family, I'd like to see more of them. But number 5 ?!!!

Llifon said...

I'll be honest with you, I was shocked by this result. And with the Duckies as well. I really had to check the figures and I can tell you they are correct.

Personally, I wouldn't rank them this high. And, for me, there have been shockers along the way in this poll.

But I like a bit of Corrie poll controversy! ;)

Newfy Pearl said...

Glad to see fresh blood to be honest. Too much living in the past. Nostalgia is okay...but really.....let's look forward instead of always looking back.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!