Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Thursday 29 September 2011

Are You Excited About John Stape's Return - Yay Or Nay

Last week, we asked you "Are You Sick of Leanne and Peter?" and the result was a mixed Yay/Nay result, with an Anonymous reader stating "It's a Yay/Nay! Corrie have done the impossible. They've taken two very popular characters, Peter and Leanne, and turned them into boring, irritating people who nobody's going to care much about. They did the same with Steve and Becky."
This week, we ask you "Are You Excited About John Stape's Return?" So, we just when we all think we have seen the last of Stape/Fishwick, it's been announced he is arriving back on the cobbles yet again, to kidnap Rosie, yet again. Been there, done that.
To be honest, I'm not liking the idea. I never really loved the character and I thought we had seen the last of him, this time. So in that respect, I'm a bit disappointed he is coming back. He had great closure, falling of the roof, but not dying, a perfect ending to the twisted character he is.
But with him coming back, I fear all this will be ruined and he will be turned into a pantamine villain (although, he nearly is already.) It could work, but I have my doubts about this. Who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised, but for me, judging on the spoilers, its a NAY for me.
But what do you think? Do you like this idea of one final comeback? Yes? No? Did you even like him in the first place? Place your opinion in the comment box!

No comments:

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!