Cosy crimes and gritty sagas by Corrie Blog editor Glenda, published by Headline. Click pic below!

Wednesday 19 March 2014

Michelle Collins launches her autobiography

Michelle Collins has already filmed her final scenes as Stella Price in Coronation Street.  And now she's  preparing to come to Glasgow next month to launch her autobiography, This is Me, at Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival.

Michelle will be talking about her remarkable journey in the industry and the truth behind the tabloids at the literary talk.

Michelle said: "‘Sometimes I think my life has more ups and downs than many of the characters I've played. Writing this book has opened the floodgates and brought back so many memories, good and bad. I've been accused of being a man eater, a child snatcher and on top of all that of having a bad Northern accent…but you know what? I wouldn't change a minute!"

Tickets for the event at the Mitchell Library on April 6 are priced £8.

The ninth Aye Write! Glasgow's Book Festival 2014 takes place from April 4 until April 12.

Download our App | Follow on Twitter @CoroStreetBlog | Like on Facebook


Creative Commons Licence
All original work on the Coronation Street Blog is covered by a Creative Commons License

11 comments:

Craig L said...

Oooh brilliant, right on my doorstep! I'll be sure to head along and report back.

njblas said...

This Is Meh:)

David Parsnips said...

Flattering picture, she is a good looking woman for her age. More believable as a man magnet than Liz IMO.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting and intriguing book = you can tell by the title.

abbyk said...

David Parsnips, I agree, but I'm also confused. She isn't wearing beige.

Tvor said...

Stella hasn't been wearing beige lately. She's been in black mostly.

MC's mother said...

The picture is virtually a painting, what with all the make up and photoshopping. If she wanted to tell the truth about herself, how about posing first thing in the morning straight out of bed?

Zagg said...

Let's say she doesn't quite look like this in hi def on the telly.

Rebecca said...

I would not pay £8 to see the person responsible for St Ella of the Backroom in black or beige. I think she'd look nice in blue, but I still wouldn't pay to see her.

Anonymous said...

I'd read the book if I could borrow it somewhere; I'm sure being an actor, especially one who's appeared in two of Britains top soaps, would be interesting.
I think M.C. is too slim; her body looks fab, but her face is a bit drawn in hi-def, but the photo on the cover is of course,very flattering.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the actress has led an interesting life but I don't understand these autobiographies that are issued by people under 65+ who haven't invented this or cured that. I just hope she initiated it and wasn't talked into it by some publicist or other money-grubber.

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!

You might also like...

Coronation Street Books for Fans

GRITTY SAGAS BY CORRIE BLOG EDITOR GLENDA YOUNG, PUBLISHED BY HEADLINE. CLICK PIC BELOW!